Can probiotics reduce respiratory infection?
Probiotics can help reduce the risk of respiratory tract infections. Probiotics contain good bacteria that can optimize your immune function. This is because at least 70% of our immune system is housed in the gut. Therefore, a healthy functioning gut with minimal inflammation reduces risk of infection. Regular use of high quality probiotics can reduce respiratory illnesses, antibiotic use, and absence from work and school.
What are common uses of probiotics?
- Balancing the friendly bacteria in your digestive system
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Crohn’s Disease
- H. Pylori (the cause of ulcers)
- Vaginal infections
- Urinary tract infections
- Recurrence of bladder cancer
- Infection of the digestive tract caused by Clostridium difficile
- Pouchitis (a possible side effect of surgery that removes the colon)
- Eczema in children
Become a Patient
Bion Healthcare provides science-based solutions to help you on your journey to optimal health and wellness! Call us at (888) 354-2466 or click the button below for a consultation. At Bion Healthcare, our goal is for you to experience personalized medicine that addresses the root cause of your health concerns and moves you toward optimal living.