Pumpkin SEEDS: BENEFITS, NUTRITION, AND MORE
People often think of pumpkins as a fall decoration or a delicious desert. A variety of squash, pumpkins provide another benefit. Did you know pumpkin seeds are a good for you? C’est vrai! Protein and nutrients abound. So when you are carving that pumpkin for Halloween or scooping out the flesh for your Thanksgiving desert, don’t forget to collect and prepare the seeds.
What do Pumpkin seeds contain?
Pumpkin seeds are packed with nutrients and contain:
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Protein: 7g
- Choline: 20mg
- Iron: 2.84mg
- Magnesium: 190mg
- Potassium: 260mg
- Vitamin K: 2.35mg
- Zinc: 2.52mg
What are the health benefits of pumpkin seeds?
Pumpkin seeds are good for your health and provide many benefits, including:
- Balancing your blood sugar
- Regulating your blood pressure
- Loaded with antioxidants
- High in fiber, protein, and magnesium
How can I add pumpkin seeds to my diet?
- Eat them raw or roasted
- Try them in yogurt or in smoothies
- Add them to salads and muffins
How to roast pumpkin seeds
- Remove seeds from the pumpkin
- Wash after removal and dry between paper towel
- Season with salt or spice of choice
- Spread seasoned seeds on baking sheets and roast at 350 for approximately 15 minutes, stir seeds every 5 minutes for even browning.
Become a Patient
Are you interested in optimizing your health and wellness? Call us at (888) 354-2466 or click the button below to get started. At Bion Healthcare, our goal is for you to experience personalized medicine that addresses the root cause of your health concerns and moves you toward optimal living.